HELLO MY LOVELIES! Remember these pieces (1940s playsuit, Regency dressRegency stays) that I’d posted about once I completed them for myself? Unfortunately, I’ve grown out of many of my costumes (even the stays, which I completed only 7 months ago!) and it’s time for them to go. Now is your chance to have a piece that I’ve made, up to my accuracy standards! I believe I’ve priced them fairly, compared to similar items. And I know that with one of you, they will be in very good hands, which is important to me.

If you are interested, PLEASE look at my Etsy listings!

Playsuit HERE, Regency dress HERE, and Regency stays HERE!!! :)


My newest project is complete! I started a set of short stays over Thanksgiving break, worked furiously for 2 days, and set them aside until I finished the semester. Happily, I picked them up again after finals and they’re done!

I haven’t included any photos wearing them because they are quite low and revealing.

For more info and construction details and a couple more photos, check out my blog! :)


My first project sewn on my new (to me) 1972 White sewing machine is complete! I was inspired by the toile dress by Bettie Page clothing. It is half lined, with piped straps, single piping all around the neckline to the back, and double piping at the waist. I did a lapped zipper (very vintage!) rather than an invisible one for the first time, hand-picked of course. I’m very pleased with my first trial!

This dress was a combination of firsts, and though there are a few things that could have been improved (the back slopes up rather than down, which I hadn’t realized, and the front near both my arms is a tad loser than it should be), I’m pleased with the results. It’s 100% cotton and lovely for summer! I felt very ’50s (please excuse my shapeless poof of hair in the last photo - my pincurl set was in desperate need of another brushing from humidity by this point in the day!).

And yes, that is a bear in the background of the final photograph. My favorite animal!

Little Red Riding Hood!

Little Red Riding Hood!

Click for my blog post, with costume details and many more photos of my 1780 levite!

Click for my blog post, with costume details and many more photos of my 1780 levite!

Random progress on the 1780 Levite! Both cuffs are now attached, meaning the sleeves are 100% complete. Onto the collar and closure!

Random progress on the 1780 Levite! Both cuffs are now attached, meaning the sleeves are 100% complete. Onto the collar and closure!


With some very crappy photos, here is my latest project - just completed ten minutes ago!

And I’ve realized that making an 18th century rose-colored satin skirt was probably one of the greatest decisions of my costuming life:

image

image

image

image

Distractions! More on my new 1940s playsuit when you click the photo.

Distractions! More on my new 1940s playsuit when you click the photo.

projects and progress!

I’ve been madly sewing along while my co-mod, Rachel, visited me, and I proudly have something to show for it.

Say hello to my loverly 18th century bodice pattern that is absolutely perfect in every way (and which I owe a great deal to Rachel)!

I am also nearly finished with my quilted petticoat - the pleats simply have to be sewn down to twill tape (which will also be the straps that tie it). I bought pre-quilted fabric since I have neither the time nor the inclination at present moment to hand quilt my own fabric. I was a bit concerned that there were no examples of simple, diamond-patterned quilted pettis, but I have found one in Costume in Detail as well as this girl’s petticoat (and now I’m convinced there are more) so I am well satisfied! The white panel at the top is to reduce the bulk and bunching of the quilted fabric around the waist. I’m quite happy with the pleating in front, but I’m really debating taking it out in back and rearranging so it lays nicer (although the bulky quilting makes the arrangement tough as it is). Sorry for the strange coloring, I couldn’t make it light enough in the room!

And finally and just for fun, take a look at my perfect new little 18th century shoes from Fugawee! In the future, I will close them with buckles but for now I am using some remnants of purple silk ribbon left over from my white 1861 ball gown. They are lovely and I just adore them.

And that is all! I hope I haven’t bored those of you who aren’t interested - if so, keep on scrolling! I promise I’m done with the personal costume photos for now and I shall get back to regular posting :)


utopiste:

oh and i finally finished my stays two days ago

aren’t they beautiful

So this is what I’ve been doing while on hiatus from posting over the break!

Now that I’m back, I’ll get to work filling some requests I’ve got in the ask box right away :)


1/4